Jamie B. Schneier, co-founded Petronzio Schneier Co., LPA in 1993 after graduating from Ohio State University (B.S.B.A. 1985) and Southwestern University School of Law (J.D. 1993). Jamie is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the OSBA Corporate Law Section and practices in the greater Cleveland and Northeast Ohio area. Jamie works with numerous small to medium size family owned and closely held businesses throughout Northeast Ohio. For many of his business clients, Jamie acts as outside corporate counsel.
Jamie’s clients are generally start-up businesses, internet businesses, serial entrepreneurs, small closely held businesses, family owned businesses and mid sized companies. In Startup companies, Jamie handles the pre-formation planning and incorporation of Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) and Corporations or Subchapter S Corporations, including formation of parent, subsidiary and affiliated company structures. In business and corporate representation, Jamie serves as an active advisor, consultant, negotiator, troubleshooter and advocate for his business clients. Jamie regularly reviews drafts and advises on various forms of agreements, including shareholder and member agreements; buy sell agreements; proposals, customer, supplier and vender agreements; joint venture agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) and confidentiality agreements; and various other business agreements and arrangements. Jamie counsels businesses from the formation of the entity through the exit strategy of the owners, and the ultimate sale of the business.
Jamie is supported by the firm’s business practice group in areas of secured transactions, commercial transactions, collections, creditor issues, business litigation, employer side employment law and defense, and business related real estate.
Typical Corporate Services Include:
- Entity Choice: Choosing between Limited Liability Company, S Corporation, Corporation, Partnership or other forms of business.
- Formation of the Entity: Filing of Articles of Incorporation or Organization, along with the Corporate and Organizational Meetings, and Corporate Book with Minutes and Shares or other Evidence of Ownership.
- Analyzing and Setting up Multiple Business Organizations: Parent, Subsidiary, Affiliated Companies and related Intercompany Management and Expense Sharing Agreements.
- Transfer of Ownership
- Shareholder/Member Agreements: Including Buy Sell Agreements, Options, Close Corporation Agreements, Operating Agreements, Member Agreements, Employment and Key Employee Agreements.
- Corporate Filings: Amendments, Updates, Dissolutions and Ohio Trade Names.
- Corporate Meetings
- Shareholder Disputes: Advice and Representation of Majority or Minority Shareholder Interests.
- Director and Officer Fiduciary Duties: Advise, Defense or Pursuit Regarding Fiduciary Duty Obligations of Directors, Officers and Shareholders.
Typical Transactional Business Services Include:
- Contracts: Reviewing, Drafting and Negotiation of Agreements, Contracts, Forms, Proposals and other Business Documents, and Analyzing and Dealing with Breaches of Contract.
- Commercial Leases
- Employment and Non Competition Issues: Employment Agreements and Covenants Not to Compete; Key Employment Agreements; Termination Issues and Trade Secret issues.
- Negotiation of Various Business Relationships Such as Joint Ventures, Distributorships, Exclusive Rights, Vendor and Customer Agreements and Options.
Business Sales & Acquisitions Services Includes:
- Exit Strategy Planning.
- Letters of Intent.
- Sales and Purchases of Stock or Assets.
- Negotiation and Drafting of all Documents.
- Succession Planning.
- Employee Earnout Purchases.
- Due Diligence.